Jumped In With Both Feet!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Don Gaiser

Now im stuck.
Just came home from my local "Do It Best" hardware store, with this little box in my trunk.
smiley006.gif

No reason to open yet, as I am now broke and don't have any of the other goodies I need to get started.

Woohooo, I can't wait!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Attachments

• DSC06912.jpg
    DSC06912.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 286
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Daniel

now you done it. Don't worry about the money thing though. in a few years you will forget what it even is, it will have been so long since you saw any.

RDH79

My wife told me i needed a hobby. If she only knew how much money it was costing her. But it gets me out of her hair. Pretty soon you will be looking at everything and wondering if it can be made into a pen.

jaeger

Once you get to turning, I would recommend name tags,

HELLO,
My Name is Don

That way they will remember you when they occasionally see you in passing.

RAdams

Banned
That is classic! Most of the posts in this thread are warnings of the financial burdon of the turning world. I wish i could say they were all joking!!!

The good side to it: The first piece that comes off of that little money pit machine will have your heart just like your wife does! Welcome to the sinkhole!

Don Gaiser

WOW!
You guys trying to get me depressed or what
05.gif

Thanks, lucky me I have a very understanding wife, and a just paid off my car after 6 years. I told her we need to keep paying out large sums of money every month so we don't risk having spare money laying around inviting a robbery.
01.gif

To tell the truth I was hooked the day I discovered this site. In the last 2 months I have checked out every book on turning that my library has, ordered every turning/woodworking/pen catalog I can find, and promised out at least 10 pens already to friends and family. Its a good thing!
01.gif

mtgrizzly52

Hmmmm, that's interesting. When I got home this evening from a long week of traveling, my spouse suggested I open up our garden shed and get that ()(*)&(& animal out of there. I had no idea what she was talking about so I very carefully open the door and slowly peeked in. (Didn't want to get eat up you understand!)

Imagine my surprise when a box very similar to the one in your trunk jumped out and scared the heck out of me. *LOL*. She bought me the new Delta midi-lathe (46-460) It is set up, and actually has a half finished tool handle sitting on it.

My poor little Pioneer is sitting on my work bench staring holes into my back as sawdust and chips are flying over my head from the sweet little Delta.

mtgrizzly52

Don Gaiser

YAYZ! Thats the one.
smiley006.gif

Now I want to just open the box to take a peek.
smiley006.gif

Hmmmm, that's interesting. When I got home this evening from a long week of traveling, my spouse suggested I open up our garden shed and get that ()(*)&(& animal out of there. I had no idea what she was talking about so I very carefully open the door and slowly peeked in. (Didn't want to get eat up you understand!)

Imagine my surprise when a box very similar to the one in your trunk jumped out and scared the heck out of me. *LOL*. She bought me the new Delta midi-lathe (46-460) It is set up, and actually has a half finished tool handle sitting on it.

My poor little Pioneer is sitting on my work bench staring holes into my back as sawdust and chips are flying over my head from the sweet little Delta.

mtgrizzly52

Top Bottom