JS2 metal threads

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

rherrell

Okay,alot of talk around here about metal vs. plastic threads on postable pens. I don't like non-postable pens but I like the looks of the Jr.Statesman 2 postable pen. Anyone tried it? I've only done plastic threads up to now so let's hear some opinions before I fork over some dough.
Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I just received my postable Jr Statesman II so I can't comment on them directly, but I can say the postable Jr Gent IIs are great pens. Love the threads over the cheaper plastic ones.

gerryr

You will never have a metal to metal thread connection on a Jr. Gent/Statesman/Retro because the cap threads are delrin or some sort of plastic. The same goes for the Baron.

Firefyter-emt

Yes, the thread coupler inside the cap is plastic with metal threads on the pen. I will admitt that this pen has come "un-capped" in my shirt pocket more than a couple times. This normally happens on a day where it has been unused but carried all day. Mine is also a FP so I did get a lovley Visconti Brown stain on my pocket.

I would still put the Jr. Statesman down as my "long term" favorite pen. It has a few design issues, but overall it has held up the best.

alamocdc

I carry a number of Jr. Gents (none of them with posting caps, but I sell some that post). About half of them like to uncap themselves in my shirt pocket as the day goes on. Like Lee, it tends to happen more often if I've not had the ocassion to use them. The other half seem to stay capped. [?] Some folks have taken to applying o-rings to prevent this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom