Jr.-style postable pens - top heavy when posted?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

turbowagon

Does anyone else think the Jr.-style pens (Jr. Gent, Jr. Statesman, Jr. Retro, etc.) are very top-heavy when posting the cap? They seem unbalanced to me.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

Joe, I think they are. My family reminds me about trying to not be a geek but what the heck...the center of gravity of a Jr. Statesman is at the centerband when posted. I was taught that the pen should be balanced at the middle of the length of the pen when posted. Doc

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
In general, the kit components are too heavy. The bulky centerband, clip and finial, all being integral to the cap, exacerbates the problem. They weigh about 12-13 grams! Making closed end pens helps with the weight, but eliminates the attractive appearance of the visible components.

FWIW, most major manufacturers rollerball and fountain pens weigh about 17 to 27 grams. The components alone for a Jr. Gent weigh about 40 grams!

workinforwood

I'm with you that they are a little top heavy, but they sell, and I find that customers want to post the cap. Non posting pens, which would include a closed end pen are a tough sell...at least where I ever go they are.

Russianwolf

I've always found them top heavy when writing posted, so I stopped making postable pens except for the Stretch (the cap is much lighter). I do however, make the body of the pen longer in most cases now (either closed end or by using a longer tube).

OKLAHOMAN

Top heavy? Yes! Top sellers? Definetly! I can't hardly give away a non postable Jr. Series, everyone wants a pen that the top will either snap on or screw on when writing.

Buzzzz4

I have to agree as well. I have a guy who wants a full size pen that is postable. If anyone knows of any, it would be appreciated. Now he wants a work out!

Top Bottom