Jr style pen. Cap won't snug up and stay on.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sschering

I have been using the Jr Statesman I made for the bash as a carry pen.. I have noticed that the cap has been unscrewing in my pocket.

It's not stripped.. the cap just unscrews very easily and won't tighten up when closed..

I've had it unscrew several times in my pocket..

Funny thing is it posts perfectly and holds.. It just won't stay tight when capped.

Any ideas?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Perhaps try and swap the nib and the finial around. ( effectively changes the couplers ) and see if the cap still holds on the coupler.
Not an answer to the problem but a quick fix to at least stop the cap coming off, perhaps:confused:

sschering

I did that but the body tapers all wrong and the cap end has longer threads so it looks a bit odd..

For now I put a lttle strip of scotch tape up in the cap threads.. It's just enough to give it some resistance.

Russknan

I had a similar problem very recently with a Jr. Gent II. I don't know your kit. But see whether there are rings on either end of the lower blank that slip over a piece that gets pushed in. The rings have to be facing OUT. If that isn't the problem, do as Skippy said. But just try putting the cap on the other end (without taking anything off). If that holds properly, you put the bushings on the wrong ends when turning. Typically, one end (for the nib which gets hidden when closing) will require more twists to close. The other end (for posting) is designed to go on and off very easily and without much turning. If you like, I can show you the scars from learning that one! :) Russ

Top Bottom