Jr. Statesman V2 help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryr

I finally got some of the new Jr. Statesman and there seems to be an extra black plastic piece attached to the part that goes on the lower end of the cap. Does anyone know what this is for or if it's really necessary? It isn't shown on the instructions either.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
The first kit I saw this piece on was the Emperor. It is probably supposed to add some stability to the insert or protect the nib when inserting it into the cap. It sure seems unnecessary.

Fangar

Those are the fix for the Jr. Statesman II threading issue. It causes the nib portion of the pen to seat properly inside of the threads allowing for a correct alignment. Without it, some of the kits will hang or bind when the pen is inserted on a very slight angle into the cap / receiver. I think it might vary from kit to kit based on tolerances, but just to be safe, I use the plastic inserts.

Fangar

PenWorks

I use them, gives inside the cap a more finished look. You nver know who is going to take a pen light and inspect the crap out of your pen. [:D]

M

Mudder

Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />I use them, gives inside the cap a more finished look. You nver know who is going to take a pen light and inspect the crap out of your pen. [:D]

Is that why they call it a "pen" lite? Whooda thunk it. [:eek:)]

nilsatcraft

As was mentioned by Fangar and others, this is the fix piece to ensure that the pieces line up properly. They're not always necessary but they'll ensure proper alignment and should be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom