Jr. Statesman Threads

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

omb76

Just got a new batch of Jr. Statesmans and the thread design is different on these. The threads aren't as smooth as on previous versions and is just a little bit more difficult to screw on. I tried to use the cap from the new pen I made tonight on the body of one that I've had for awhile and it will not work. I compared the theads from the two pens and there is a subtle difference. Not sure if the center band coupler is different or not. Has anyone else noticed this change? I definitely don't like it!

PenMan1

Welcome to professional penmaking! The more the components go up in price, the worse they fit.

I haven't see the Statie problem yet, but I lost a 100 set batch of Gent II, about the time the name changed to "artisan".....Same plastic pieces, it was bound to happen.

On the Gents, a dental pick and a VERY good attitude would generally remove the "thread boogers" from the center band fitting.

My understanding is that the reason they changed the thread design to "square" threads was to keep the pens from seperating at the centerband. That is a shame....anyone making these sets knew that a little dab of DAP clear silicone caulk on a Q-Tip, once around the thread chase would stop the "unscrew" problem. NASA type engineering at its finest....AGAIN.

Damned, here we go again!!!!

Last edited:

omb76

I have never really had a problem with the cap coming loose until now. Whatever change was done made it worse. Why mess with a good thing??

Top Bottom