Jr Statesman RB and FP same threads?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

chriselle

Hi guys! Quick question. Are the threads for the front section of the Jr Statesman FP and the RB compatible? I need a RB front section for a customer that has the FP and wants a convertible. I usually only buy the FP kits so I'm not sure. None of the other Jr "ish" front sections will work. Thanks..

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Chris,

I recently received black ti Jr. Statesmen, both rb and ftn.

This shipment does interchange, and they both say "Dayacom" on the inside of the clip.

As you say, the Junior series front end is all over the map. So, I am reluctant to make any assurances, except that this group I have checked and they do switch.
Tomorrow I can check them with older pens that I made years ago--that should tell us more.

SteveG

The answer is...Maybe! Dayacom has changed designs and threads on the JR series kits more than once over the last few years. If you buy the kits at the same time, your chances are better, but not absolute, depending on the vendor and the age of their stock in each the RB and FP.

Perhaps you can buy both at the same time and ask the vendor to verify the thread fit. That way you will be sure.

Edit in:I see Ed had a more complete answer, posted as I was slowly typing my response.

Last edited:
Top Bottom