Jr Statesman Question???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I was turning several Statesmen pens today with the 22 k emblems on both the end cap of the cap and pen portion.

I turned a few jr. Statesmen pens and noticed that they only had the gold emblem on the cap portion, not the pen cap, also that the pen cap was not the threaded end, is this right?

:)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Yes, Jim. I'm not sure why the manufacturer chose not to give the ornate treatment to the Jr, but a number of us were disappointed. Also, seeing as the Jr Gentleman had a posting option, I was disappointed to find that the Jr Statesman does not have a posting option. They brought out a really great upscale line and then left it a little short. Go figure.

PenWorks

Jim, you mean the Statesmen Jr..... The Staesmen Jr. only comes with the unthreaded cap and the embosing on the cap end, not the pen end. The regular Statesmen has the embosing on both ends. I was a little disappointed when I first found out. You can buy the other threaded ends to post the cap from CSU.

Anthony

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your responses. I was surprised myself, an otherwise classy kit, it hit a triple instead of a home run. I had previously made the Statesman kit and expected the same embossing, the threaded end cap threw me off as well. With any luck may be CSUSA will look into this.

Thanks again!![:)]

Gary

Originally posted by penworks
<br />Jim, you mean the Statesmen Jr..... The Staesmen Jr. only comes with the unthreaded cap and the embosing on the cap end, not the pen end. The regular Statesmen has the embosing on both ends. I was a little disappointed when I first found out. You can buy the other threaded ends to post the cap from CSU.

Anthony

Anthony, what do you mean by..."You can buy the other threaded ends to post the cap from CSU". Are you saying referring to the Jr. Statesman?

wayneis

The Jr. Gent threaded end fit the Jr. Statesman so you can have a posted cap on a Jr. Statesman.

Personally I think that the extra embellishments on a pen the size of the Jr. Statesman would be too much for me. Also I don't care for the threaded end for posting the caps, it always looks unfinished to me. It looks like there was a part left off so on the Jr. Gents I always buy the non posting kits. They just have a cleaner look to me. Another thing with the Jr. Statesman, I don't care for the gold trim on the centerband, it looks kind of gaudy to me. I much more prefer the platinum.

Wayne

Gary

I like the Jr. Statesman just like it is. It's my favorite kit, and I agree with Wayne in that I like the rhodium/black titanium far better than the gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom