Jr Statesman II help needed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Just as I was starting to put together a Jr Statesman II FP, I noticed a very small chip in the end of the blank. This chip is about 3/64" and is on the posting pen. I tried putting it back on the lathe and filling it, but no go, still looked like c**p. My question, can I shorten this barrel part of the pen by about 3/64" with out affecting the operation of the pen? I would think so, but I just want to ask before I do so and really mess it up.
BTW the blank is green dyed stabilized curly poplar.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Yep, Wayne's right. It's no problem. You can even get 3/64" off of the rollerball, but you might need to trim the spring to keep the fit from being too tight.

Johnathan

Yes, trim the spring on the roller, it would be to tight of a fit. The fountain will work just fine. Wayne is right, an oops band would work good, even on the fountain and if you haven't done one before, it might be good practice.[;)]

wood-of-1kind

OOOPS is another name for a 'mistake' or oops I dint't mean to screw up my pen blank and now OOOPS I've got to try to fix it somehow(salvage) and OOPS I've kept the pen alive.

-Peter-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom