jr statesman fits fountain nibholder but not rollerball nibholder?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Nickfff

Hello,
I have had this happen occasionally but thought i would ask if anyone else figured out how to fix...

I have a jr stateman and the fountain nib fits snuggley. I tried to change to a rollerball nib and it would not fit at all.

It seems that the plastic thread inside the cap may have "buckled". I was thinking of trying to drill/bore but didn't want to jeopardize destroying the pen.

anyone else have any other thoughts on how to fix this?

thx

marcruby

I'd like to know too. I have a vague theory that I could salvage the threads from the body and use those to lock onto the cap threads and push the whole thing out, but I've yet to try that out.

Marc

Nickfff

Marc,
my experience is that it is very hard to remove the black plastic sleeve once in. In fact the only way I have found it to work sometimes....is to remove the ferrel/top with a punch then..use a similar sized punch-very close in tolerance to the tube and try to bang it out the plastic sleeve...

my hope is to find a fix w/o taking the cap apart/removing the plastic sleeve...

sparhawk

I tried using the body threads to grab onto the plastic sleeve and knock it out. Threads broke off just above the body threads.:confused: Also tried knocking it out with a punch and all that did was screw up the end of the plastic piece away from the threads.:frown: So if i can glue the broken piece back in i guess i have a Jr. Statesman for my personel use.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom