Jr. Statesman finish

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firefyter-emt

Before I spend the $$ on this kit I have a question. I am looking at the Rho. FP kit, but an a little leary of that gold band. To me it looks like it would edge wear quickly for use. Is this the case? I would hate to spend $30 on a kit if the ring is shot in a few months.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

melogic

Lee,
I work in a steel mill and I carry a Statesman Rhodium/22k Gold every day for the past 2 years and it looks as good now as it did then. I have dropped it out of my pocket 3 floors and landed on concrete one time, a railroad track another and it still looks good. I am getting ready to take it apart and re-turn it with another wood because the last fall cracked my birdseye bocote. I have made several sales to people because they have seen me drop it and pick it up then they have used it to sign things and they can't beleive the way it has held up. Go for it and get it! You will not regret it![:p][:D][;)]

Firefyter-emt

Thanks Mike. I work as an Insurance Appraiser and I am in the field so the chance is a high chance for damage. I like the look of the gold on the Rhodium and I think with the almost ebony colored wood it is going on it will make quite the stanement (yes, sales from them being seen are nice too!) [:D]3

EDIT: One more question. Does the Jr. Statesman II have black plastic threads on the cap (same question for the Jr.Gent tail cap as I want to use that instead of the non-posting cap) or are they metal? I saw one in the photo section that was listed as the II and it had what looked like metal threads. I think this looks alot better, but the new catalogue shows it with black plastic. And last but not least, is the FP nib 2-tone with gold & rhodium (or other silver metal) like the larger Statesman or is it all silver?

Buzz

Have not used the Jr version of the Statesman, but CSUSA's site describes the fountain pen nib as:

"The fountain pen features a top quality German-made two-tone nib with genuine iridium point"

Seems to indicate that the nib is the same one as its full size brother.

gerryr

The Jr. Statesmen fountain pens I've done, both version 1 & 2, have all come with a silver colored nib, no gold color on it at all. Don't be put off by the plastic threads. In my experience a metal to plastic threaded connection is a lot more secure than metal to metal. All the pens I've made that had metal to metal connections had very coarse threads that loosened easily and quickly. The Jr. Statesman is one of my favorite pens, that and the Baron.

Firefyter-emt

Geesh, the cataloge is just chock full of errors, Huh? This one pen kit is listed as having a finished body of 1/2" x 4.75 where it takes a 12.5mm bit So that is off, and then I guess the "2-tone" is silver with what ever color of ink you have in it? Plus I still don't know if the picture with the plastic threads is the old style or the new style. Is that even a change? Good grief!

gerryr

I just checked a Jr. Statesman V2 kit and the threads on the CB fitting sure look and feel like plastic, same on the Jr. Emperor.

wayneis

The only plastic threads are inside the cap on these pens. Like some one said earlier, having metal to plastic is a much better fit than metal to metal, you don't want the cap to come off the pen while in a customers pocket do you?

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom