jr retro pen box

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

drayman

hi all, i was just wondering where i can get pen boxes for the jr retro. the ones ive seen are either too small or too big.and wondered which ones you guys use, thanks in advance colin.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dbriski

I haven't made a Jr Retro yet, but Im guessing it is about the same size as a Jr Gent. I use the Cardboard boxes Monty sells, but I ususally flip the flaps of the inserts up so the base of the insert sits on the bottom of the box to give it more room for the pen. Since I have done this all the Jr's fit just fine.

gerryr

I get black velvet boxes from Ernie at Beartooth Woods. Barons, Jr. Gent/Statesman/Retro, Churchill, even full size Gents will fit in them. It's the only box I use.

IPD_Mrs

I may be wrong, and Lord knows Linda will be sure to tell me if I am, but I think the Jr. Retro is the same size as the Jr. Gent. and would fit in one of Ken's boxes like a glove. I would do this for special pens only as they are on the higher end but well worth it. I am thinking of ordering several engraved with Congratulations or Best Wishes. Anyway here is the web link to the boxes. http://www.kallenshaanwoods.com/servlet/Detail?no=21

Texatdurango

Coincidentaly, I was making a retro today and made a Jr Gent yesterday and was photographing them together then saw this thread so thought I'd share. I use what I consider to be the finest non-wood box available and I get them from Craft Supply. Penn State and their resellers also carry the same box.

So for comparison sake, here are a Jr Gent and a Retro side by side and a nice box that will hold the Retro as well as all of the larger pens, Statesmen, Majestic, Emperor, etc.

20078290115_green-gold-gent-retro.jpg
<br />
20078290235_retro%20in%20box.jpg
<br />

drayman

george, many thanks they do look great boxes, i will also check them out. by the way you done some nice segmented pens there. i must try them, cheers colin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom