JR Retro Kit Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bjustison

Can you change a fountain pen to a roller ball by just replacing the nib and ink cartridge? I am not sure if all the parts are interchangeable between the two kits. I have made a few fountain pens but have not purchased a roller ball kit. Thank you for any info.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

In a word.................Yes..........but (how come there is always a but) you need to make sure that you have a spring in the final.So far all the Retros I bought f/p or Rollerball had the spring.
Originally posted by bjustison

Can you change a fountain pen to a roller ball by just replacing the nib and ink cartridge? I am not sure if all the parts are interchangeable between the two kits. I have made a few fountain pens but have not purchased a roller ball kit. Thank you for any info.

bjustison

Thank you for your response. The few fountain pens I have made have come with springs. I just wanted the option to change a pen to show to others without having to carry multipe pens.

kent4Him

Roy speaks the truth. All of the Jr. Gent/Jr. Statemen/Jr. Retros can have the FP and RB exchanged. It is a very good thing since I've had customers like the wood on one pen, but want the opposite function. Takes all of about a minute.

Top Bottom