Jr. II series / Triton tube sizes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

penmanship

By all appearances the Jr. II & Triton pen kits utilize the same tube size......
Is it that simple, or have I missed something? (are the bushings the same too)

TIA,
Tim

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
The bushings are the same (ALWAYS check your pen with the caliper).

The triton pen body tubes are shorter than the Jr. Gent. I BELIEVE the cap tubes are the same length--I am positive they are the same diameter.

Hope this helps!

toddlajoie

The Triton cap tube is identical to the Jr Gent 2 cap tube, but the body tube is (IMO) significantly shorter (something like 2.09" for the Jr Gent vs 1.85 for the Triton) In case you're looking for a symbol of that difference, the Triton body and cap tubes are almost exactly the same length, so if you have a set of Jr Gent 2 tubes, the body tube for the Triton would be the same diameter as the Jr Gent body, but the same length as the cap.

The difference is significant enough that I had a Jeff Powell scrolled blank I was planning on making in a Triton, but I wasn't going to be able to keep all of the design within the shorter tube size to my liking...

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Just an FYI: I HAVE made the Triton, using Jr. Gent tubes without altering the tubes in any way.

If making a fountain pen, there is no problem-assemble the pen and you're "good to go". IF you are making a rollerball, you need a longer spring in the end to keep tension on the refill--but this makes the rollerball refill actually less "stiff" and gives a writing experience similar to some of the older rollerballs---to me it is a preferable "feel". So, don't hesitate to make one and try it.

FWIW--for those who don't know, Exotics does stock the Triton.

xapilot

2nd on the Jr. II is longer than Triton. It stumped me when I just pulled out a couple of extra Jr. tubes and made a Triton, then my rollerball didnt fit properly. It took about 30 minutes to figure it out then I just went and stole a spring off a cigar kit and dropped it in, the fit was perfect after that.

PenMan1

You can use JR Gent tubes on the Triton without modifying them at all. The is no adjustment that needs to be made on the fountain. The rollerball requires two springs or a longer spring.

Sometimes, when using JR tubes. I do modify the body tube. I do this with the sanding station. The length difference is only .20 inches. "Super" tube squaring, will shorten the tube very quickly.

IMHO, the tubes for Triton and JR Gents are TOO similar to stock both tubes. A JR Gent rollerball doesn't work worth spit on Triton tubes. When you make that mistake, you have to change the JR's front section to Triton.........DAMHIKT:)

Top Bottom