Jr Gents II and Jr. Statesman II

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

airrat

I just got off the phone with CSUSA, guess my catalog does not show a note they have on those 2 kits about a change. The tubes on the new ones are bigger according to their tech dept and these kits have different drill sizes, bushings, ect. So I owe Niles an apology for stating they didn't note any changes. (Even though my catalog does not have it)

Has anyone ordered and received one of the new kits recently? Can they post if they used the "old" bushings and what drill bit they used. I have kits on order and am out of the "old" ones to compare it.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sylvanite

Originally posted by airrat
<br />The tubes on the new ones are bigger according to their tech dept and these kits have different drill sizes, bushings, ect.
I just made some Jr. Gent II pens (thanks for the group buy again Dario). I used 1/2" and 27/32" drill bits and they worked just fine.

For what it's worth, 1/2" is bigger than 12.5mm, so if they made the tubes larger, then they went the wrong way with the drill bit size. There's more variation in hole size due to material and technique than the difference between 12.5mm and 1/2" anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Regards,
Eric

Dario

Nils just posted that the kit parts didn't change....unless you are referring to version I and version II where there is a major size change.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
If you are using the Version I kits, the drill bit and bushings are different. You should be able to tell because the Version II kits are marked on the label.

airrat

hmmm, their tech guy said the change was just recent. Should have asked him what he considered recent.

Guess I just wait until the kits come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom