Jr Gents Bushings for Baron?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

I just finished making three Jr. Gents version 1 pens and I didn't see any taper on the lower barrel. The 2 bushings wfor the lower barrel were identical.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
The bushings on the Jr Gent measure
Top Barrel .533 and .533
Lower Barrel .477 and .457
There is a taper but it is slight only .020 over the length of the bottom barrel...

The bushing for the Baron measure
Top Barrel .533 and .533
Lower Barrel .477 and .477

If you tend to turn a bulge in the shape of the pens you will most likely never notice the difference... HOWEVER, if you are a BTB turner you will see it.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
I don't know what to tell you, but the bushings are not supposed to be the same. The bushing sizes for the lower barrel are 0.457" and 0.477". The lower barrel is suppose to taper. If you don't believe my answer, go to the instructions for the kit! http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/pdf/jr_gentlemens_pen.pdf

gerryr

Maybe I got a bad set of bushings. And those instructions don't look like the ones I got when I ordered the kits. I don't tend to turn bushing to bushing so I would probably be ok using those bushings and paying attention to my micrometer.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I agree the bushings are cheap, but who wants to wait for a new set to arrive in the mail???!!!!!

Micrometer it is-you have the specs above!
GO FOR IT!

Oh, and order a set of bushings so you don't have to do this forever![:D][:D][:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom