Jr Gentlemen II question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

I'm very seriously considering ordering some of the TNs that CSUSA has on sale, but I'm wondering about something. I've read a number of threads talking about some threaded cap pens coming loose. I can't remember which ones, but I'm not sure it matters. My question is this, for those who have done these; should I get the threaded or tapered? Does it really matter? Is one better than the other or is it really just a matter of preference? If the latter is the case, what do the discerning public prefer? TIA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrcook4570

It's basically just a matter of preference. For what its worth, I think the tapered looks better. However, the threaded outsells it (at least for me) 10 to 1. Most of my customers want to be able to post the cap (and they all try to make it post on the tapered end cap).

driften

I like the looks of the tapered but find the length of the pen too short and post the cap. BB said that when he sold both types the Barons that were threaded outsold the tapere kits by a large amount.

The thread or tapered was debated a while back. Not sure who won [;)]

I have had problems with a couple of Barons where the cap would vibrate off where others no problem. I think the Jr Gent II is too new to know how it acts.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
You might also check with CS to see if the sell the ends separately like they do for the first version. It becomes a relatively inexpensive option.

wayneis

The best thing to do is to try some of each and let your customers deside for themselves. Most everyone like the tapered look more than the threaded but there are a lot of individuals that like to be able to post the cap. For me most of the Men prefer to post and most of the Ladies prefer not to post so go figure.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom