Jr Gentlemans II Roller Ball - Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodgraver

I've made a Jr Gentleman's II roller ball pen but my customer changed his mind and wants a fountain pen. Can I just buy a fountain pen kit and change out that portion or will I have to disassemble and start over?

Thanks,

Jim

Attachments

• swo pen.jpg
    swo pen.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 299
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Just buy the fountain pen set, and change that section. Don't forget to remove the spring. Since yours is a closed end, no need to disassemble. If it were postable, you might want to reposition the body finial, to line up the clip and nib when posted.

Haynie

I forgot to remove the spring when I did my first fountain pen and you know, the top of the converter clicks nicely into the spring and will not let go. And trying to separate the parts after that with a full converter can get a tad messy. So don't forget the spring.

nsfr1206

Haynie said:
I forgot to remove the spring when I did my first fountain pen and you know, the top of the converter clicks nicely into the spring and will not let go. And trying to separate the parts after that with a full converter can get a tad messy. So don't forget the spring.

I have done the same before and then wondered why it was leaking while I unscrewed it!

brownsfn2

I just did this yesterday. Swapped a FP section with an RB section on two different pens. They just unscrew. Really easy. :)

Top Bottom