jr gentleman & jr emperor pen kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MgM

Can anyone tell me if there is a difference between the jr gentleman and the jr emperor bushings and tubes.

lwalden

yes. One of the Tubes, I believe the upper on the Jr Emperor, is slightly shorter than the upper tube on the junior gent. You can use the tubes from the Jr Gent but you end up with a slightly longer pen due to the size of the cap and centerband components on the jr Emperor being larger/longer. Also, the lower barrel on the Jr emperor uses two bushings the same size, while there is a taper to the the Jr Gent that involves using a smaller bushing for the end cap than is used for the center/nib end. There's also a few thousandths difference between the cap bushings of the two kits, I believe either .002 or .003, but that can normally be worked around.

Russianwolf

The Jr. Emperor body is straight from end to end, the Jr. Gent tapers from the nib down to the finial.

You can use the Jr. Gent bushing to make the Jr. Emp you just need to be careful and remember to not take it down to both bushings. I switch the bushings around at some point to make sure that I don't take off too much.

Some people on here tell you to ignore the bushings all together and just use calipers.

The choice is yours.

This is a Jr. Emp I made using my Jr. Gent bushings

Attachments

• kdfbn036.JPG
    kdfbn036.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 535
  • kdfbn041.JPG
    kdfbn041.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 904
Last edited:
Top Bottom