Jr. Gent vs Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
First, this is not to be seen as negative toward any vendor....
I just did my first Jr. Gent ballpoint (and have ordered a stash of Gent Rollerballs, thanks to Nils for the deals we get here). I have also done a few of the Berea Cigars.
My ordeal is that both styles are about the same size and overall appearance is similar. With my kit budget restrictions until I hopefully get a few sales, I am seeing that the Cigars for slightly less than $3 are more attractive than the $6+ Gents.
My question for those that have offered both for sale is, have you found buyers prefer one of these over the other?
I do have my first order :D(WHEE!!) for 6 Gent Rollerballs in BOW, and the client choose the Gent Rollerball from a picture over the Cigar in person.
Thanks for any insight.
ken

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I agree. The gents seem to have a stronger appeal to folks. I don't know how it is with you but most of my sales are to women buying for men. She likes the big pen but prefers the lines of the gent.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Ken,

I like both kits. The Jr Gent fountain pen is well worth the difference in cost. Finished nicely, both pens tend to be popular. For the little bit of extra money, it is good to have several different kits in your inventory. Silly comparison, look at how many different kinds of cars you see on the highway. Different folks like different things.

Clear as mud?

WoodChucker

Ken, I've sold more of the Cigar's then the Gents but thats because I stock more of the Cigars. I like both but think the Gent is a much nicer pen. I don't really like the big nut on the end of the Cigar pen, it gives it a cheap look to me. But that is the pen I carry, Go figure. [:D]

woodscavenger

I think the clip is the limiting factor on the cigar pen. Although I did notice in one of the catalogs...Woodcraft I think, a cigar with an upgraded clip. I went along with an upgraded price as well but it looked good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom