Votes: 19 25.0%
  • Used and don't like

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • never used

Votes: 52 68.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aggromere

I make and sell a lot of Jr Gent Twist Ballpoint pens, but have only seen one or two others post pictures of the pens. Just curious as to who has used the kit and what they think. I have attached a picture of a couple.

Attachments

• IMG_0577.JPG
    IMG_0577.JPG
    428.8 KB · Views: 247
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mapster

I have found that in my market, the customers prefer the capped pens because they seem more expensive and higher quality than twists.

zig613

Peter...

I have made several of these pens. The components for this pen are well made and the pen its self is a nice size. It also has the advantage of having a matching pencil. However with that said, they have been very slow sellers and I have discontinued making them. I think I still have one or two in storage that I will likely make up and give out as freebies to some clients at work.

Wade

Wade

Last edited:

OLDMAN5050

Passed Away May 15, 2019
In Memoriam
I like the way it looks but on fixed income. Just retired from Sheriff Dept in Bedford Co Tn. can't hardly spend 16.00 on a kit....................

chris99210

I like them - in my opinion they are a step up from a cigar pen, so a few more dollars invested in the kit yields a much higher quality result. My customers like their heft and they have a more comfortable body to nib transition to write with.

Chris

Chasper

It makes a nice pen, but I haven't had much success selling them. For me if it doesn't sell, I don't like it.

aggromere

Yea, I've only been making them for a few months and they have become my biggest sellers in my marketplace. For some reason the customer base I get from cigar stores and such like the one piece pens.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I sold them, not in large numbers, but I used that as my "high end" ballpoint. Displayed it in individual boxes, only used the rhodium, because the gold was 10K, which scares me.

The body "shows off" a nice blank. But, like Mike, I did not vote, cause "REALLY like it" is an overstatement.

It's..........................good!

mrburls

I sell alot of these and I personally like them. I use one every day at work.
I do alot of dyed box elder burl with them and also many different resins.

I've posted some in the past.

Keith "mrburls"

George7

I like the pen and have used and sold a number of them. I would like them much better if they came in a chrome finish at a price close to what the 10K gold goes for, and if they came in Ti Gold, even though that would be expensive.

jskeen

I'm in between, actually, like the kit in platinum, won't make them in 10k gold, wish they came in ti gold or black ti. I don't make them to sell alone though, only with a full size gent as a set. They are about the same length. It doesn't match too well with the jr Gent, IMHO, as it's longer and just looks odd together.

Rangertrek

I bought one of these pens on the Penefit auction for Cody. We I received the pen, I was disappointed with the operation of the twist mechanism. I felt there were too many revolutions to extend the pen tip. Maybe I just got a "bad one". Anyone else having this problem?

edfarmer67

making pens is more of a hobby for me. i usually sell pens when a coworker really likes the pen im using. i price my pens by doubling the cost of the parts to make the pen.

that said the jr gents twist pen and pencil set i use all the time at home.
this pencil is way better than the slim line pencil and feels real good in my hands.

also like the fact that it shows off the wood / acyrlic mat real well.

Top Bottom