Jr. Gent Rollerball refill ??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodwzrd

I am just getting into turning rollerballs and have some Jr. Gent kits. What brands of refilles are interchangable with them?

The main reason I ask is that I am an old (38) college student finishing up my first Bachelors degree and I have a profesor that has given me an opportunity to co-author a research paper with him. This oportunity has given me a little edge in the job market and I would like to turn a pen for him as a thank you. I have noted that he often carries a Uniball Vision pen (which is unacceptable for a man of his stature) and I was wondering if maybe a Uniball refill or something very similar would work in a Jr. Gent rollerball kit.

Thanks in advance for all your input and advice.

Scott

azamiryou

This may be helpful: Rollerball Pen Refills Glossary

The Jr. Gent II takes the first one on that page. It's very common. Uni-Ball is not listed as a manufacturer for it, though. The Schmidt 888 or 5888 write very well.

The Uni Jetstream RT refill is probably close enough in length that it could be used, though some modification of the pen may be necessary. You might try getting one to play with it and see. Main risk areas are how the tip fits through the nose cone (Does it fit at all? Slop around a lot? Protrude too far or not enough?) and the back against the spring (the narrow end may want to slip inside the spring). If the nose cone is too tight or the tip doesn't protrude enough, fix by drilling it out. If it's loose or sticks out too far, you can glue a wood plug into the nose cone and/or tube, and drill it out to the right profile. For the spring, you might need to attach some sort of block on the end of the spring, or possibly you could use pliers to re-shape the spring so it catches the end of the refill.

glycerine

There are many different refills that will fit. Your best bet is to take one to an office depot or similar store and match them up. There's even a Mont Blanc refill that will fit!

Top Bottom