Jr. Gent Problems...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

bgray

I just put together a rhodium Jr. Gent (threaded end cap) and have some problems.

The threads that are inside the cap (within the center band coupler) seem to be too far up inside the barrel to accept the threads on the nib coupler, or the end cap coupler.

When you put the cap on the pen, the threads simply do not engage...the cap just spins on the top of the pen.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveRoberts

Sounds as if the coupler is too high in the cap, if you can pop the cap off and then remove the center band coupler and re-set it that should solve it. The black plastic bit is the part that the threads actually engage. If that is up too high for some reason it will act like that, I have even forgotten to put one in and had to do it from the cap end.

Steve

lwalden

I've had that happen once previously. I was trying to be careful and make sure the grain lined up, and so started to press the center coupler together with the lower barrel already screwed into the center coupler. This resulted in the threaded plastic piece seperating somewhat from the metal portion of the center coupler, and not threading in once completely pressed in (I took the lower barrell out before pressing the center coupler in all the way). I had to remove the clip end, and used one of the harbor freight transfer punches to reseat the plastic threaded piece in the center coupler- didn't need to completely remove the center coupler, though I guess I could have at the same time. I'm a little more careful now, and only hand set the center coupler before unscrewing the lower barrell.....

bgray

Originally posted by lwalden
<br />I've had that happen once previously. I was trying to be careful and make sure the grain lined up, and so started to press the center coupler together with the lower barrel already screwed into the center coupler. This resulted in the threaded plastic piece seperating somewhat from the metal portion of the center coupler, and not threading in once completely pressed in (I took the lower barrell out before pressing the center coupler in all the way). I had to remove the clip end, and used one of the harbor freight transfer punches to reseat the plastic threaded piece in the center coupler- didn't need to completely remove the center coupler, though I guess I could have at the same time. I'm a little more careful now, and only hand set the center coupler before unscrewing the lower barrell.....

That's exactly what I did! I managed to fix it exactly the way that you described, but I didn't understand what caused the plastic threaded portion to move up inside the barrel.

Your explanation nailed it. Thanks!

bg

Rifleman1776

FWIW, I posted at TPS about problems with the Jr. Gent II. I asked Eric, their rep. to respond he never did. I called CS and asked for Eric to review the comments I, and others, posted. I never got a response that he did or didn't. I e-mailed CS and asked Eric to read the posts and get back with me. He never responded.

Edit: P.S. Eric sure isn't Nils.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom