Jr. gent. pen caps

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

PenPauli

I just made my first few jr. gent. pens and I was able
to hand press on the end caps. Seemed very loose. Now
the tension of the spring pops the end cap right off.
Should I glue them on now? Any suggestions. Also I was
a little surprized that I had to pay $1.50 extra for each
end cap on top of the pen. I know we got a great deal
for 25 percent off, but is that how it always is?
Thanks everyone for all your help.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Paul, just taking a guess, I would say if you cleaned the brass tube out, you may have reamed a little to much. I never had that problem. But, I would CA the fittings in.

As far as the pen cost, it should add up correctly, I think on the invoice they break out the pen and type of end cap.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
First suggestion is to try a cap in a tube before you mill the blank to see if the whole batch is defective.
I have had instances where my pen "Scarred" the inside of the tube
to the point where the press fit pieces did not stay in.
(I had the mill chucked in the drill press with a "flat" on the jaws which caused a "wobble" in the mill)
I don't like to glue pieces in that should be press fit.
Last weekend I had an end cap(that holds a clip) on a slim line that was loose.(so loose that I could pull the cap out of the tube by pushing up on the clip)
I put a drop of solder(use soldering iron,DUH!) on the end cap (put the clip on first DAMHIKT) and inserted the cap.
The clip was no longer loose.
(I got this tip on the forum,whoever suggested it, thanks)

wayneis

Well Paul as far as I can tell you have two firsts. I have not had that problem with the Jr. Gents, On some of the others yes but usually when I was a little to agressive cleaning the tubes out. Charging extra for any parts I don't understand unless you somehow ordered extras. Even when I have ordered threded or unthreaded vs taper its hust a swap out or trade. You should check it out becuase it sounds like a mistake.

Wayne

wayneis

Oh yes, I use CA to glue any loose fitting parts. Just make sure you are putting it on right first, remember that on the Jr. Gent and Jr. Statesman that the nib end is larger than the cap end.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom