Jr. Gent and Jr. Statesman Concerns - Page 2 - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Community Forums > Penturning
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Penturning General penturning discussions not specifically addressed in one of the specialty forums.

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2006, 08:51 AM   #11 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Ron, gotta agree there. Each time I order something, I always tried to order a few extra ends just in case someone wanted something different.

As far as the other stuff goes, I don't know why any changes because the original ones worked fine as far as I could tell. I didn't have any problems with mine.

If anything, i'd like to see CSUSA offer barrel trimmers for all these different tube sizes they now have. It's a total PIA trying to get CA out of the tube when the reamer is undersize.
Mikey is offline   Top
Old 12-21-2006, 09:13 AM   #12 (permalink)

Photos: 9

Man, you guys rock.

All I want to know is; When will you start <b>chrome plating</b> the Jr Gents for monetarily challenged folks like myself?
Old 12-21-2006, 03:25 PM   #13 (permalink)

Photos: 131

I have to agree with all of the above statements too, I used to think of CS USA as one of the best.
But the are steadily getting worse.[V]

The proper way to use a stress ball is to throw it at the last person that annoyed you!
Ligget is offline   Top
Advertisement
Old 12-21-2006, 03:58 PM   #14 (permalink)

Skye - you mentioned "monetarily challenged" but I have lost a couple of sells because the customer wanted chrome and it was unavailable for that item. Pen and Pencil were available in chrome but not the letter opener or perfume atomizer (all for the wife) for gift. I wish ALL "kits" came in all the different plating. Would it be that difficult or expensive for a company to provide?
Old 12-21-2006, 04:39 PM   #15 (permalink)

Photos: 34

Quote:
Originally posted by TAld
<br />Would it be that difficult or expensive for a company to provide?
Short answer is yes. One of the major expenses that most businesses have to deal with is that of inventory Simply put, they are only going to stock what sells......in sufficient quantity for them to make a profit. Inventory that just sits on the shelves is a big problem.

I'm sure CSUSA would put out a chrome version if they thought there was sufficient demand.......for example everyone wanted a really nice high end kit and out came the Emperor. Send your emails to CSUSA and let them know what you want. If enough people do that, I'm sure you will see a response.
Old 12-21-2006, 05:02 PM   #16 (permalink)

Photos: 9

Quote:
<br />Skye - you mentioned "monetarily challenged" but I have lost a couple of sells because the customer wanted chrome and it was unavailable for that item.
I think we're talking about the same thing. I cant afford Rhodium plating on a JrGent, so I think chrome would be a nice, affordable alternative and more durable than 24 or 10K gold.
Old 12-21-2006, 05:20 PM   #17 (permalink)

Eric,

Thanks for acknowledging responses and comments here are being heard and taken into consideration. Hopefully the information above will also be passed on, but wanted to at least thank you for ensuring comments here are being addressed.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:07 PM   #18 (permalink)

Photos: 11

Honestly, this is one kit I would rather not see in chrome. Only because there would be ones out there "cheaper" but look just the same as the rhoidum to the standard user. That alone could drive the higher sales market down. Lower price would be nice though.

Quote:
Originally posted by Skye
<br />
Quote:
<br />Skye - you mentioned "monetarily challenged" but I have lost a couple of sells because the customer wanted chrome and it was unavailable for that item.
I think we're talking about the same thing. I cant afford Rhodium plating on a JrGent, so I think chrome would be a nice, affordable alternative and more durable than 24 or 10K gold.

=Resident Dead Center Enabler & Fountain Pen Snob=
Firefyter-emt is offline   Top
Old 12-21-2006, 06:26 PM   #19 (permalink)

Photos: 50

Quote:

All I want to know is; When will you start <b>chrome plating</b> the Jr Gents for monetarily challenged folks like myself?
Why not try the chrome Baron ? On sale from AS is around 6.80. Not a bad price considering all of the issues with thr Jr Gents.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:43 PM   #20 (permalink)

Skye----Your right, we are on the same page with this one.[^]
Logged on members can hide ads
Closed Thread