Jr.Gent II tubes fit???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lwalden

Toni, as some have noted the Jr vII tubesets are identical for the Jr Statesman, the Jr Gent vII, the Jr Gent Retro, and can be used in a pinch for the Jr Emperor, the Jr Majestic, and the Triton though each of these last three require some tweaking for tube length...

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Toni, as some have noted the Jr vII tubesets are identical for the Jr Statesman, the Jr Gent vII, the Jr Gent Retro, and can be used in a pinch for the Jr Emperor, the Jr Majestic, and the Triton though each of these last three require some tweaking for tube length...

Jr Victor, Jr Marshall and Venus too.

PenMan1

Jr Gent II, Jr Statesman, Jr Retro, Venus, and JR Marshall all use exactly the same tubes and bushings.

Triton and others use the same diameter tubes as the above mentioned, EXCEPT the bottom tube of the Triton is slightly shorter. JR Gent tubes can be used AS IS with the Triton by using 2 roller ball springs or a longer spring than the one that comes with the Triton.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
JR Gent tubes can be used AS IS with the Triton by using 2 roller ball springs or a longer spring than the one that comes with the Triton.

.. or if you are in the middle of assembly and just figured this out, you can
stre-e-e-e-tch the spring out a little.

(or so I've heard..) :redface:

Toni

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!

All those kits give me plenty of options, I made the same floral design on a jr.gent and did not want to use the same kit for it (actually I have 3 of the same)

PenMan1

JR Gent tubes can be used AS IS with the Triton by using 2 roller ball springs or a longer spring than the one that comes with the Triton.

.. or if you are in the middle of assembly and just figured this out, you can
stre-e-e-e-tch the spring out a little.

(or so I've heard..) :redface:

That does work, Charlie. However, I recommend a longer spring because the Triton spring is a little "wimpy" and provides a "mushy" write with the regular length barrel.

To my knowledge, the Triton is the only kit that offers additional springs for stand alone purchase. I figure the Mfg. knows that a single spring in this unit is too "bouncy". Just my opinion.

Last edited:

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
That does work, Charlie. However, I recommend a longer spring because the Triton spring is a little "wimpy" and provides a "mushy" write with the regular length barrel.

To my knowledge, the Triton is the only kit that offers additional springs for stand alone purchase. I figure the Mfg. knows that a single spring in this unit is too "bouncy". Just my opinion.

What I actually did was this: I took the brown cover from the refill, cut off
about 3/8" with a hacksaw and dropped it in behind the spring with a dab
of CA. It worked..

Top Bottom