Jr.Gent II Threads

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RickLong

I received some new Jr.Gent II kits the other day. I noticed with this batch of kits something seems to be off with the kits threads.

Out of 10 kits 3 will not fully close after unscrewing them.

Another thing is the roller nib will not screw all the way down on older Jr. Gent II kits ( Older =kits as new as 3 weeks do not work.)

Something I do at shows with Jr. Gent II. A customer want a fountain Jr. Gent and it is currently a roller. Easy enough, I grab one of my fountain Jr. GentII and swap them. With all 10 kits I just received, the fountain assembly will not screw on. The Rollers from the new Jr. Gent II assemblies will not screw on to any of my Jr.Gent II the were purchased earlier this year.

Has anyone else seen this with the Jr. Gent II?

I have two upset costumers promised roller assemblies. I mailed them before noticing this possible issue.

I've been doing this change for the last two years so I know something must have changed or I just received 10 bad kits..

I will call WTC in the morning. Sucks having to de-assemble good pens due to possibly cracking them. Esp. When they are all M3 Metals.

Rick

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I received some new Jr.Gent II kits the other day. I noticed with this batch of kits something seems to be off with the kits threads.

Out of 10 kits 3 will not fully close after unscrewing them.

Another thing is the roller nib will not screw all the way down on older Jr. Gent II kits ( Older =kits as new as 3 weeks do not work.)

Something I do at shows with Jr. Gent II. A customer want a fountain Jr. Gent and it is currently a roller. Easy enough, I grab one of my fountain Jr. GentII and swap them. With all 10 kits I just received, the fountain assembly will not screw on. The Rollers from the new Jr. Gent II assemblies will not screw on to any of my Jr.Gent II the were purchased earlier this year.

Has anyone else seen this with the Jr. Gent II?

I have two upset costumers promised roller assemblies. I mailed them before noticing this possible issue.

I've been doing this change for the last two years so I know something must have changed or I just received 10 bad kits..

I will call WTC in the morning. Sucks having to de-assemble good pens due to possibly cracking them. Esp. When they are all M3 Metals.

Rick
I don't know abour Jr Gent 2 but until two years ago the Jr Gent 1 had different threads on FP and RB ends, they also had different nib end couplers. If the 2 did also, it seems like they possibly went to a new supplier and gave them old dimensions.

Katya

Boy, Rick, you have my sympathies. I had a problem with the last Jr Statesman I made, and it was my PITH pen! It wouldn't close completely. Didn't notice until it was all done- won't make that mistake again.

RickLong

Thanks Smitty and Kaya...

Just got off the phone with them WTC... They verified this issue and waiting to see what can be done.

Fortunately, they had two old thread roller assemblies in for me to give my clients. Now waiting to see how they handle these 10 basically useless kits. Don't want to mix them into my inventory....Looks horrible at a show when the nib does not fit on the pen... The customer looks at you like you have no clue....

If you switch between the rollers/fountains on the B/T Jr. Gent II kits, I would check them before trying to sell them to a customer.

Rick

08K.80

I had problems with the Jr. Gent 1 kits. They won't thread together at all.
After contacting them, they wanted me to send the parts back. I didn't feel the cost to ship the parts back to them was worth the cost of the kits so, I just pitched them in a box.:wink:

gbpens

I also noticed this problem with the last order of Jr. Gent II's. It keeps us from swapping parts at a show. What happened to inter-changeable parts? Forces me to carry extra parts.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I had problems with the Jr. Gent 1 kits. They won't thread together at all.
After contacting them, they wanted me to send the parts back. I didn't feel the cost to ship the parts back to them was worth the cost of the kits so, I just pitched them in a box.:wink:
You bought them from the wrong place...

08K.80

Do you know of a better place? I don't think I will purchase anymore of the Jr. Gent 1's. I could have bought a couple more of the Majestic Jrs. with the money I spent on them.:frown:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

Do you know of a better place? I don't think I will purchase anymore of the Jr. Gent 1's. I could have bought a couple more of the Majestic Jrs. with the money I spent on them.:frown:
I was referring to the 'service after the sale' which doesn't seem to have been the best in the world.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I don't think the pens Smitty sells are exactly the same as the ones CSUSA sells. Each of them has the pen made. I would suspect they are each making the minimum order for their respective suppliers. So, the pens are actually "made for" Smitty or "made for" CSUSA. I would be surprised if they are paying the same thing or getting the same "batch".

I've not heard (or read on the forum) any complaints about Smitty's Juniors. Which is why I WISH everyone had to use different names----the way it is, is very confusing sometimes!!

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I don't think the pens Smitty sells are exactly the same as the ones CSUSA sells. Each of them has the pen made. I would suspect they are each making the minimum order for their respective suppliers. So, the pens are actually "made for" Smitty or "made for" CSUSA. I would be surprised if they are paying the same thing or getting the same "batch".

I've not heard (or read on the forum) any complaints about Smitty's Juniors. Which is why I WISH everyone had to use different names----the way it is, is very confusing sometimes!!

I'm giving that some serious thought Ed, it's worked well on the Le Roi series and the Creeklines - no confusion about where they come from, any problems a customer might have with either the product or the service comes right to me. So even if the buyer happens to go to the forum first, I can contact them and make things right.

lyonsacc

it's worked well on the Le Roi series [/quote]

:bulgy-eyes: Some things just zip right over my head :bulgy-eyes: Now the name of the pen makes sense :redface:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
it's worked well on the Le Roi series

:bulgy-eyes: Some things just zip right over my head :bulgy-eyes: Now the name of the pen makes sense :redface:[/QUOTE] Yep it is nearly (but not exactly) the same as a few competitors offerings but there is no confusion....if a post mentions Le Roi it everyone knows where it came from.

08K.80

I was referring to the 'service after the sale' which doesn't seem to have been the best in the world.

I had hoped they could help or tell me I was doing someting wrong. I tried several times and even tried parts from different packages and none of them go together. I have learned my lesson and won't buy those kits anymore, at least not from there.

Top Bottom