JR. Gent II price

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ryankelley

A friend of mine wants to buy a FP/RB for her father who collects them, problem is I don't know what to charge. This would be the first sale of a fountain pen. I chose a Black Ti Jr. Gent II FP and RB for her and I am going to use some spalted maple, any ideas on what I should charge. I could really use the advice. Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

flyingmelon

What is she willing to pay? I would guess that between 50 and 75 would be a reasonable price. some charge more some charge less. If it is a good friend that you are not looking to make a profit off of just charge for the kit and blank and ask that if someone shows an interest to refer them to you. Just make sure that if you do sell it for little or no profit that she does not quote a price to others otherwise they will feel that you are gouging them.

byounghusband

I would guess that between 50 and 75 would be a reasonable price.
I would say that price range for each..... My average Baron or Jr. Gent RB starts around $65.00. The nicer or more exotic the wood, the price goes up from there... Engraving is additional as well....

Daniel

I have the FP listed for $79.95 and the RB listed as $64.95. my prices are a little out of date and are probably a tad low at todays prices on materials.

marcruby

I just go with 110% of materials (to cover any handly expenses) plus $25 and hour for work. As a rule, low end Jr. Gent's run $75. If you want a custome finial, or other custome detail the price starts to go up.

Marc

chriselle

First of all..congradulations on your first FP transaction.

Question...How are you going to finish these pens?
My advice for any first sale is.... Don't give your work away but then again don't get too carried away with percentage profit margins.

Last edited:
Top Bottom