Jr Gent II pocket clip

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodlvr

I purchased 5 of these in a past group buy and tonight tried to assemble the 5 pens I had turned for them. Only to find that three of the 5 pocket clips will not go over the cap. Has anyone experienced this problem? I do not want to drill them as I would probably ruin them. Any suggestions would be appreciated. TIA.

Mike

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texatdurango

If you don't feel comfortable reaming them out, call Craft Supply and they will send you replacements.

I've had this happen several times but usually a few swipes with a round or curved jewelers file is enough to make them fit.

Woodlvr

I was afraid of filing them out of round and ruining them. Thanks for the idea of a curved jewelers file, I had not thought of that.

Mike

mrcook4570

Some of them are tight. You can also use your pen press and a press block (with a drilled hole) to seat the clip on the cap finial.

Rifleman1776

I have not had that problem. But, it is my understanding that sometimes the plating is extra heavy and can change dimensions. Just a swipe on the inside with sandpaper or the mentioned file should do the trick.

Firefyter-emt

I like this feature myself. Drill a block of wood to match the final cap and press the final into the clip. This helps to keep the clip from spinning. I do recomend doing this with a press block and not when you put the kit togather so you do not damage the finish on the pen body.

Milpaul

If you have a dremel or rotary tool it is pretty easy to get inside the ring and just enlarge the hole slightly. I use and engraving bit that looks similar to a small mill.

Top Bottom