Jr Gent II finial measurements?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TheAcadian

Does anyone know what the Jr Gent II finial diameter is? I need to pop the stock one out and replace with my own custom one, but I don't have the measurements.

Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Are you referring to the entire finial, or the black insert?

If you are turning the black insert, I can pop one out and measure, but if you have calipers try to make it custom fit (and you'll need the calipers to make the insert anyway).

Last edited:

TheAcadian

If you are turning the black insert, I can pop one out and measure, but if you have calipers try to make it custom fit (and you'll need the calipers to make the insert anyway).

Sorry, yes, the black insert.

JohnU

Are you referring to the brass riveted circle on top of the cap? Many punch those out and turn new ones. If you, I would suggest just use the removed piece as a model and replace with yours. I use calipers to measure from one to the other.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator

Sorry, yes, the black insert.

My calipers measured: .416"

I would use this as a starting approximate measurement.

jsolie

If they are CSUSA Jr. Gent II's, the diameter is .428.

I had a bunch of these made last year for a large pen order. .428 fit just fine in the recess at the top of the cap piece.

IMG_3084-L.jpg

TheAcadian

Are you referring to the brass riveted circle on top of the cap? Many punch those out and turn new ones. If you, I would suggest just use the removed piece as a model and replace with yours. I use calipers to measure from one to the other.

Yeah, it's either the brass or black circle on top of the cap.

I'm planning on replacing it with my own, but I'll be pouring resin into a mold to create it. Just need the diameter so I can match it to a mold.

Thanks!

TheAcadian

If they are CSUSA Jr. Gent II's, the diameter is .428.

I had a bunch of these made last year for a large pen order. .428 fit just fine in the recess at the top of the cap piece.

IMG_3084-L.jpg

I have no idea why I didn't just ask you! Exactly what I need. Thanks!

Top Bottom