Jr Gent I trouble

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodwzrd

I have two Jr Gent I pens that the threaded coupling in the cap has broken. The threads have just broke loose from the main body of the coupling. One was my daily writer. I would blame mine on abuse as I carry it in my front pants pocket and actually felt a crack as I leaned over a machine at work. The other my wife carries in her apron pocket at work and rarely comes in contact with anything but her body. Is this a common issue? Does anyone know where I can buy replacement inserts for these kits?

Thanks for the help.

RickLong

I have two Jr Gent I pens that the threaded coupling in the cap has broken. The threads have just broke loose from the main body of the coupling. One was my daily writer. I would blame mine on abuse as I carry it in my front pants pocket and actually felt a crack as I leaned over a machine at work. The other my wife carries in her apron pocket at work and rarely comes in contact with anything but her body. Is this a common issue? Does anyone know where I can buy replacement inserts for these kits?

Thanks for the help.

I have found this is a very common issue with the Jr. Gent I kits. The Jr. Gent II kits do not have this issue like the Jr. Gent I.

Exhibiting at art/craft shows I have had a lot broken threads from potential customers trying to pull the cap off instead of trying to twist. Because of this problem/flaw in the Jr. Gent I kits, I do not turn a lot of these kits now. One thing they do help me with is up selling a client to the Jr. Gent II pen instead of the Jr. Gent I pens.. I will have the potential client unscrew each pen and it is obvious which pen has better threads. I tell the client this is the difference between a $65.00 roller/fountain and $100+ pen. Works every time...

Good Luck!

Rick

Top Bottom