Jr Gent I & Jr Jent II question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Joemac8

Are these kits the same? I ordered some coffee bean blanks (or what I thought were blanks) What I received were coffee bean blanks drilled with tubes for the Jr Gent. I tried looking up the Jr Gent and all I found were the Jr Gent II. Are they the same?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
No they are not the same. I would ask the vendor which kit they were designed for, they will not be interchangeable with the VI and VII.

Last edited:

Whaler

Possibly a labeling error. The Jr Gent uses much larger tubes than the Jr Gent 2 so it's easy to check if you have a set of bushings or just measure the hole. The Jr Gent 2 uses 10.5mm and 12.5mm drill bits.

Lenny

FWIW...

The Jr.Gent II is bigger, using drill bits 12.5 and 10.5
where the Apprentice Jr. Gentlemen uses 25/64 and 15/32 drill bits.

I am not sure if the original Jr. Gent I was the same as what is now called (by CSUSA) the Apprentice Jr. Gentleman but I often refer to it as the Jr. Gent I (probably incorrectly)
A similar set of components to the ApprenticeJr. Gent is available from many different suppliers.

Lenny

Possibly a labeling error. The Jr Gent uses much larger tubes than the Jr Gent 2 so it's easy to check if you have a set of bushings or just measure the hole. The Jr Gent 2 uses 10.5mm and 12.5mm drill bits.

Dick, I think you mean the original Gent pen, not the Jr. of either version..??

RDH79

Sounds like you didnt read the info very close also. The coffee bean blanks that you got are for the Jr Gent 1. I got some of them also thinking that they were the JR II. Luckily I had a few of the I's.

its_virgil

The jr gent I uses the same tubes as the baron or at least the original jr gvent I did. Check the drill sizes for what you have against those for the baron (navigator or tycoon.)
Do a good turn daily.
Don

Sent from my Samsung Epic using Forum runner

PenMan1

The jr gent I uses the same tubes as the baron or at least the original jr gvent I did. Check the drill sizes for what you have against those for the baron (navigator or tycoon.)
Do a good turn daily.
Don

Sent from my Samsung Epic using Forum runner

This is correct. I just checked the Jr Gent I that I have in stock it uses the same tooling, drill bits and tubes as Baron, Sedona, Navigator and Rhinehart in the Berea line. Those tubes ARE JUST SMALLER THAN THE JR GENT II

Whaler

Dick, I think you mean the original Gent pen, not the Jr. of either version..??

I was using the info in Daniels chart in the library. After going back and looking at it again there seems to be some errors.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Yep

FWIW...

The Jr.Gent II is bigger, using drill bits 12.5 and 10.5
where the Apprentice Jr. Gentlemen uses 25/64 and 15/32 drill bits.

I am not sure if the original Jr. Gent I was the same as what is now called (by CSUSA) the Apprentice Jr. Gentleman but I often refer to it as the Jr. Gent I (probably incorrectly)
A similar set of components to the ApprenticeJr. Gent is available from many different suppliers.
Drill sizes and bushings for the original Jr Gent are the same as the Apprentice Jr Gent and not the same as any version of the Jr Gent II.

Top Bottom