Jr. Gent I Fountain pen conversion...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Timbo

I remember a little while back there was a lot of buzz about the availability of a kit to convert a Jr. Gent 1 rollerball into a fountain pen. Whatever happened with that. Was it just smoke, or did it really happen. If it really did happen, who has the parts? Thanks.

Tim

Last edited:

sbell111

The only thing that 'kit' would contain is the nib assembly as that is the only thing different between the two pens. Interestingly, or not, the wholesaler of that pen kit offers the rollerball nib, but not the fountain pen assembly for separate purchase. That's not to say that the fountain pen assembly isn't available as this supplier will provide any individual pen part with two requirements: 1) a minimum amount must be ordered and 2) they will submit the order when they make their next order for that kit. This means that you might have to wait some time before your order is filled.

What many of us do is simply keep a few extra of these pen kits on hand so that if a customer likes a pen that is set up as a rollerball but would prefer a fountain (or vice versa), we can simply swap out the bits and make the sale.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Not all bits are the same

I remember a little while back there was a lot of buzz about the availability of a kit to convert a Jr. Gent 1 rollerball into a fountain pen. Whatever happened with that. Was it just smoke, or did it really happen. If it really did happen, who has the parts? Thanks.

Tim

Until recently the fountain pen nib threading would not start in a rollerball nib coupler so you could only make the swap if you made a FP and swapped the rollerball. It the past 6 months they have changed the thread on the FP so both kits use the same nib coupler. Check this out if you buy FP nibs.

Top Bottom