Jr. Gent help please

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jaybird

I recieved some Jr Gents and now I am haveing trouble finding bushing & drill bit sizes, I looked on CSUSA and their book problem is for the same pen kit the book says one size and the website says another, I want to order these so I can get started but now I am stuck,,,, any help would be greatly apreasiated,,..

Thank you....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Padre

I recieved some Jr Gents and now I am haveing trouble finding bushing & drill bit sizes, I looked on CSUSA and their book problem is for the same pen kit the book says one size and the website says another, I want to order these so I can get started but now I am stuck,,,, any help would be greatly apreasiated,,..

Thank you....

Are they Jr. Gents or Jr. Gent II's?

PenMan1

Jay:
The Jr Gent II that CUSA and others sell uses 12.5 mm bit for the top and 10.5 for the bottom tube. The Jr Gent bushings and the Triton bushings will work nicely for that set.

Other places ( I think Smitty is one of these) that did sell a JR Gent that uses a 12 mm bit for the top and 25/64 for the bottom. Baron bushings are close for this one, but you need calipers to be certain.

Do you know where you got the kit and the stock number? If so, I can be more helpful.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
If they are jr gent II, use 10.5mm and 12.5mm--it works!

Sorry, Andy beat me to the punch and his answer is better.

jaybird

Thank you....

Are they Jr. Gents or Jr. Gent II's?

I think they are just the JR Gent, they all said Jr Gent 1,
in the catalog they look just like the "Artisan Jr Gent 2,
when I get online the Jr Gent comes up and gives the sizes that match up for the Jr Gent Ball Point Pen

jaybird

Just confused this one is a new one for me, the 12.5 & 10.5 makes sence but the net calls for something different,, I contacted who I got them from and still waiting for a respose, just thought I would ask here incase I don't get a response intime for me to order them,,

thanks....

PenMan1

Yep, sounds like the Jr. Gent I. I used the same bits on those as Barons and Sedonas...either 12mm or 19/32 for the top and 25/64 for the bottom.

Those are fairly common sized bits than can be found at the local hardware store.....just take the tubes with you to double check.

Also, if you can't find the old JR Gent I bushings (you should be able to) you can use Baron bushings AND A CALIPER.

If you don't have a caliper, it should be your next purchase as even the highest quality bushing change dimensions each time you whack them with a skew or sandpaper.

PenMan1

The good news is: IF you use the Gent I drill bits and the kit turns out to be a Gent II, you haven't ruined the blank....you just have very big "pilot" holes.

If you drill for a Gent II and it turns out to be a Gent I, you have just wasted a blank......or have to buy a Baron or Rhinehart kit:)

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Two sizes.,..

Top tube measures .454
Bottom tube measures .382
Some instructions call out metric 12mm and 10mm drill bits others call out USA 15/32nd and 25/64th I've used the American sizes and they worked. The bushings called out by rizheng and CSUSA are a tad different but as near as I can tell either will work. I used Rizheng but had other folks tell me they used CSUSA. Rizheng bushings are .536", .536", .479" and .460"

Last edited:

jaybird

Yep, sounds like the Jr. Gent I. I used the same bits on those as Barons and Sedonas...either 12mm or 19/32 for the top and 25/64 for the bottom.

Those are fairly common sized bits than can be found at the local hardware store.....just take the tubes with you to double check.

Also, if you can't find the old JR Gent I bushings (you should be able to) you can use Baron bushings AND A CALIPER.

If you don't have a caliper, it should be your next purchase as even the highest quality bushing change dimensions each time you whack them with a skew or sandpaper.

I have a set of Calipers thats how I got these measurments just wish I had the fractional ones, lol, but this set is digital,, I did find out this set of Jr Gents came from Smitty

Thanks

jaybird

Top tube measures .454
Bottom tube measures .382
Some instructions call out metric 12mm and 10mm drill bits others call out USA 15/32nd and 25/64th I've used the American sizes and they worked. The bushings called out by rizheng and CSUSA are a tad different but as near as I can tell either will work. I used Rizheng but had other folks tell me they used CSUSA. Rizheng bushings are .536", .536", .479" and .460"

Sorry Smitty dident see you had posted, these kits had come from you and as for the drill bits I know I can get those I just want to make sure I get the correct bushings for these kits,, the kit bags were hand written and said (Jr Gent One I ),,

Thanks
Jay....

PenMan1

When you posted the tube sizes, I suspected that you had calipers and you confirmed that it was the JR Gent, not the Gent II. Smitty will have the correct bushings for this set, if you prefer or don't have Baron or Sedona Bushings.

Phew! I'm glad we got that solved! Your post of tubes sizes made all the difference.

jttheclockman

I did not even know there was 2 different versions of this kit also. Boy this stuff gets confusing. So now is the tubes the same or different??? I have tubes that mic out at 10.16mm on lower tube and 12.25 on upper tube. The reason I am concerned now is because I am casting a few braided metal blanks for a person that wants them for a JR Gent.

PenMan1

I did not even know there was 2 different versions of this kit also. Boy this stuff gets confusing. So now is the tubes the same or different??? I have tubes that mic out at 10.16mm on lower tube and 12.25 on upper tube. The reason I am concerned now is because I am casting a few braided metal blanks for a person that wants them for a JR Gent.

John:
Those sizes sound like the Jr. Gent II from CUSA and others.

You just illustrated the importance of measuring the tubes and picking drill bits accordingly (even when they vary a bit from the instructions).

More and more component sets are getting much more alike!

jttheclockman

I learned right off the bat when I got into this 3 years ago the best tool you can own is a digital caliper. Don't leave home without it.

Top Bottom