Jr. Gent Drill Bit size change or problem???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

DKF

Hello All:

I asked this in another forum, probably the wrong one, so I will ask here. I have a Jr. Gent from CSUSA, and when drilling the large diameter blank with the 15/32" bit, the hole ends up larger and with more tolerance than I would consider acceptable. Did they change their bit size for this to a 12.5mm? (I read that in another post).
Any advice or suggestions? Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stevers

Did you bought the bit at CSUSA? They have replaced them for most of us. I haven't heard whether it's still going on or not. Worth looking into. Just call CSUSA. Good luck.

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by DKF
<br />Yes, I bought the bit from CSUSA. I will call them tomorrow. Thanks

The catalog is not up to date with the latest bit size reccomendations. Call, they will verify you bought your bit from them and will send you a new, correct size, at no charge.

DKF

I phoned and talked to technical service and they said that for the Jr. Gentleman's pen, the 15/32" bit is still the one....they have switched the bits for the Jr. Gent. II. They think that I may have a bad bit so they will send me a new one. We will see if that is it.

Randy_

I got about half way thru a long response yesterday when I realized there is some confusion at CSUSA with respect to pen labels. Most all of us know that about a year ago, CSUSA changed the design of their very popular Jr. Gentlemen's and Jr. Statesman pens and came out with a Version II. What most folks forget, myself included, is they only changed the design of the fountain pen and the screw cap roller ball. CSUSA also has a Jr. Gentlemen's Pen(double twist ballpoint)and Jr. Gentlemen's Pencil. Both of these kits retain the original designation and do not cart the Ver. II designation.

Ron Mc

Don,
I believe if you purchased the kits a month ago then you have JGII kits and you need the new bit size.
Unless as Randy has pointed out you have the double twist rollerball.
Does your pen have a cap when completed?

DKF

Ron:

I purchased the JG double twist ball point, which means, as Randy mentioned, it is the original bit sizes of 15/32" and 25/64".
I will see what a new bit does....and I thank you ALL for your input and advice!

Randy_

Originally posted by DKF
<br />Ron: I purchased the JG double twist ball point, which means, as Randy mentioned, it is the original bit sizes of 15/32" and 25/64".
I will see what a new bit does....and I thank you ALL for your input and advice!

Don: Do you have, by any chance, a vernier caliper or a micrometer? If so you might measure the tube ODs and post them here. Sometimes the suppliers include the wrong tubes with the kits??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom