Jr.Gent clip/finial fit issues? Fix?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

philb

Hi,

Remember reading on here a while ago about the jr.gents clip/finial have some plating issues and being overly tight!

Well Ive just received my new batch of Rhodium jr.gents and cant get the clip onto the finial? Goes about 1/8" on then wont go nay further?

Was there a fix for this? Like sanding the clip hole? Or will this damage the plating?

Cheers PHIL

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texatdurango

Seems that the "Fix" was split with 50% saying to call Craft Supply for replacements and 50% saying to sand the inside of the clip so it would fit.

I also remember something about Craft Supply "Double Checking" all orders going out to insure nice fitting kits. So much for idle promises!

Hearing this makes me want to put Craft Supply right up there on the top of my list of vendors to avoid!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
:eek::eek:That CAN'T be!!!!:eek::eek:

CSUSA was going to INSPECT them ALL!!!:biggrin::biggrin::tongue::tongue::biggrin::biggrin:

You need new parts, according to their "position" in the last thread about this.

fernhills

Hi, i had the same problem with the Gent. This is what i do. I made a jig to press the clip onto finial first. then press the assembly into the tube. Notice that the clip side of the wood jig is narrow enough to fit in between the clip and the finial so that it can be pressed on. Look below.. I will have to make another after doing about 12 pens.

Attachments

• 20091001_1.jpg
    20091001_1.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 107

JimMc7

Same problem with Jr Stateman clips. I used a split cap tube to press the clip onto the cap and then knocked the assembly out of the split tube (actually, just pull it back/forth a couple of times and it comes out if split is long enough). The assembly then presses fine into the tube. I would double check that with a new tube though as you don't want to find the fit is too tight when pressing on a completed cap.

greenmtnguy

Local Chapter Leader
I originally posted the problem and the thread turned ugly with me being called ignorant. Here is the response from Craft Supply. I sent the parts back and received the clip and cap assembled.

Today I heard from our supplier concerning the acceptable tolerance for the Statesman and Gentlemen pen caps. The tolerance that they gave us was .553 inches. If any of you have any other questions, please feel free to contact Technical Support at 1-800-551-8876.

I will wait a while for the problem to be really cured before ordering more parts. If you want to read the thread, it is in advanced penturning and you will have to go back 45 days to find it.

Top Bottom