Jr. Gent. Ballpoint lower tube ???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DKF

I have a question for those of you who make the Jr. Gent. Ballpoint....the lower tube section ended up being about 1/16" shorter than it is supposed to be.....will I run into a problem because of this...the pen refill and twist mechanism screw on the lower section....my guess is the refill tip will stick out that extra little bit. Thanks for any and all advice and info.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stevers

Don,
It shouldn't matter. The spring will take up the slack. The refill will only come out as far as the nib will let it.

I just re-read your post. The Jr. Gent doesn't have a twist mech. Are you sure your not thinking of a Cigar?

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
He's referring to the Jr. Gent ballpoint.
Don,
It shouldn't matter. The spring will take up the slack. The refill will only come out as far as the nib will let it.

I just re-read your post. The Jr. Gent doesn't have a twist mech. Are you sure your not thinking of a Cigar?

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I have a question for those of you who make the Jr. Gent. Ballpoint....the lower tube section ended up being about 1/16" shorter than it is supposed to be.....will I run into a problem because of this...the pen refill and twist mechanism screw on the lower section....my guess is the refill tip will stick out that extra little bit. Thanks for any and all advice and info.

Sounds like you got the tubes reversed, DAMHIKT. And as Lou said, it will present a problem.

jskeen

Grind a little off of the back of the cartridge, and TA Dah, You've got yourself a new shop pen/demo/pen for the missus. I've got a cigar with the same problem, and it works great if you shorten the refill, but I couldn't sell it that way.

DKF

Thanks all......as I suspected. Tubes were not reversed....just a mistake in the trimming. I may dump it, and may shorten the refill and have myself a shop pen. Anyway, thanks.

Top Bottom