Jr. Gent

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dasimm

Turned a Jr. Gent this week-end using Amboyna Burl. This one was specifically for the wife's coworker whom is leaving the states this week. She wanted something special from us - soooo this is what we came up with....

First try for the Jr. Gent. Definately need to devise a method to effectively mill the different size tubes. Standard mills don't work very well.

I know the photography needs some work - building a light tent for future pics.

Comments welcome.

Attachments

• JrGentAmb.jpg
    JrGentAmb.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 220
  • JrGentAmb2.jpg
    JrGentAmb2.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jkeithrussell

The pen looks great.

For the pen mill, just take a piece of cherry or walnut, drill it 7mm, insert a slimline tube, square the ends, and round it on the lathe to fit snugly inside the Jr. Gent. tube. It's very easy. I write the name of the tube/kit in sharpie on the side of the blank and store it with the bushings. You could also use corian or delrin or whatever.

dasimm

The pen looks great.

For the pen mill, just take a piece of cherry or walnut, drill it 7mm, insert a slimline tube, square the ends, and round it on the lathe to fit snugly inside the Jr. Gent. tube. It's very easy. I write the name of the tube/kit in sharpie on the side of the blank and store it with the bushings. You could also use corian or delrin or whatever.

Excellent suggestion - worth a try.

Thanks

aggromere

I really do think a beautiful piece of wood makes for the most distinctive pens. Very nice job. The Jr. Gent is my favorite kit.

mcomeau

Really nice looking pen! I love the amboyna/sapwood combo! I use it alot in my pens. They do sell an endmill to fit that size tube. I think Craft Supply USA sells them.

Matt

Rollerbob

Yep, that's a winner right there!! Gotta love that Amboyna, well I don't guess you gotta, but if you do it will love you back!!!!

Top Bottom