Jr gent 2 drill bit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Masshardt

Does anybody successfully use a bit other than 12.5mm for the jr gent Ii upper tube? Trying to see if I can save myself a trip and test another bit. Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alphageek

Former Moderator
It depends on the material and how "clean" your drilling is, but a 12.5 mm is 0.492126 inch.... only .008 smaller than a 1/2 inch. You could try that - it could have a little more slop, but not much.

(I don't recall if I've done it with this bit or not - I've done a couple in a pinch in the past when I had a dull bit, but that went away when I got my drill doctor).

Justturnin

Yep, or if you have a little run out on your DP you could try the 31/64 which is 0.4844 (-0.0077"). If you do have some runout it could be a better option. If your DP is dead on the 1/2" would be a better sub.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Years ago the instructions called out the 31-64 bit. So you could certainly use it, but you may have to sand or file the inside a little, to get the tube in.

Dale Allen

I bought a 12.4 because the other options were too sloppy IMHO.
When all goes right with the drilling, I have to sand out the hole a little but the fit is fantastic and I do not need to worry so much that the tube is centered in the hole.

Top Bottom