Jr Gent 1 Threads Breaking

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

crabcreekind

So i got some jr gents a while back from csusa and made some of them, and some of them that i gave to friends, the top 2-3 rows of female threads inside the cap broke off. Also, i have had better luck with the timberbits kits, but today my friend gave me her pen and she said it broke. I looked at it and the same thing had happened! Also, i notice that the threads are hard to screw together, is there glue or crap in the female threads? or are the made wrong? if there is stuff in them, how do i get it out? I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JAZNCARR

me too

I bought kits from smitty and I had the same thing happen. I was able to disassemble the pen and use a piece out of a kit that I botched to repair it. I think its just a design flaw....

Live2Dive

I've had the same issues with the CSUSA threads breaking and hard twisting. Hope the design flaw gets fixed before I need to buy any more.

workinforwood

The thread issue has been around a good year now. Seems CSUSA thinks there is no problem. I believe the issue is more common with the artisan kits. Those threads are going to break eventually too, no matter what..it's like a delrin plastic and it's going to wear and dry out eventually. Oiling the threads will help both problems. Doesn't take much..a paper towel with some wd40.

Fibonacci

I would recommend calling and talking to CSUSA's service department.

I have had nothing but good experiences doing so. They are very helpful with parts and (in my experience) working to find the source of the problems I called about.

Fibonacci

The thread issue has been around a good year now. Seems CSUSA thinks there is no problem.

Do you know if this has been reported to them? When I was looking at these kits, I could not find anyone talking about there being a problem with them.

If people have issues with products, the only way they will get resolved is if the issues are routinely reported. If we just complain about the issue to each other, the manufacturers are likely to never know how common or uncommon it is.

workinforwood

yea..there's been many discussions, I'm just not sure how to search for them. The issues began with the new JR Gent II. This had to be more than a year ago now too, because I know I personally griped with CSUSA and with Dayacom about it. Dayacoms response was that it is not their kits, they don't make the artisan brand, those are chinese nock off pens from their design, but people here say they have issues with the artisan and the Dayacom too. I am not sure we ever got to the root of the problem, and many people had different solutions, but altering a kit to make it work doesn't make sense. My response was to pretty much just sell all my kits and make my own parts.

Bobalu

CSUSA actually called me one morning after I posted about having problems with the Jr Gent II threads and offered to replace the threaded couplings. I would call them.

Top Bottom