Jr. Gent 1

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dl351

Quick question. Is the Jr. Gent 1 pretty much the same as the Woodcraft Navigator? I'm wondering if I can use the same drill bits and bushings on the Jr. Gent 1, as I already have bits and bushings for the Navigator. Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Padre

If you look at the home page, over on the right side, you will see a permanent link to "Bushing and Tube Reference".

If you don't see it, you can access it here. To me, from that chart, it looks like they take different bushings.

ldb2000

I do believe the upper bushings and drill bit are the same but the lower bushings are different , 1 bushing and the drill bit are the same but the other bushing (nib end ?) is different .

Lenny

I would caution you to go by any of the directions out there. I found that the sizes are much different than what I found on two different sets of directions (CSUSA and Smitty's) I had bushings from CS that were not the same as the kits I got from Smitty. Luckily for me I had asked johnnycnc, at penturners products, if he had any for tbc. John went out of his way to find me some (the last ones he had which another customer no longer wanted) and they were perfectly sized!!!
Use digital calipers to check your actual parts!

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Drill bits and bushings

There are two different sizes of drill bits -- the kits I sold call out 12mm and 10mm CSUSA call out 15/32 and 25/64. The bushing sizes printed on the instructions are also different with the ones I sold showing as .536, .536, .479 & .460 the CSA instructions show .538, .538, .483 & .462 The Nib coupler is the middle size. I would measure tube size and make some measurements on the bushings and the parts just to be sure.

bruce119

I have these kits and have worked with them. The Jr. Gent 1 uses the same tubes as the Barron. Navigator & Apprentice Jr Gent. So all those bushings will hold the tubes BUT the O.D. may/is a little different measure the size of your parts with your caliper and adjust accordingly. Smitty I used your bushings and they where spot on except one of the bushings I think it was the final on the long tube was a little small O.D. by about .004 just going on memory that isn't that reliable these days.

Make your own bushings out of corian or delrin easy to do.

OLDMAN5050

Passed Away May 15, 2019
In Memoriam
I bought csusa apprentist jr gent and some of smitty's. The bushings were the same measuring with caliber. I used the csusa bushing on smitty's kit to keep from using a new set( save for later) worked great. good fit and finish....................

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Instructions Jr Gent

I think that both places where I got instructions started with another kit and modified them to get to jr Gent 1. And, I have an idea that they both got wrong information on the diameter of the bushings...I and at least one other person here measured the parts and the bushings and found the bushings and the kits matched pretty well for the ones I sold.

Lenny

I don't know what my problem was but I just went and re-checked my CSUSA bushings and they do work with Smitty's Jr. Gent I kit. :redface::redface:

:confused: Sorry if I caused anyone confusion!

It's a very nice kit for low $$!

Top Bottom