Jr. Emporer & Jr Statesman

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Can anyone tell me if the Jr. Emporer and the Jr. Statesman have the same tubes? I measured them and the tops came in 0.001 apart in diameter. The bottoms have the same diameter but are 0.010 difference in length. While I attribute this to tolerences, I would like confirmation.

Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Since both kits use the same drill bits, which should amaze Frank!!!!, the length of the tubes should be the determining factor. CSUSA does list the tubes for each kit with different stock numbers.

Gary Max

CSUSA shows them with different part #'s --where the Jr Gent and Jr statesman are the same. That being said all three call for the same drill bits????????????
Clear as mud right

johnnycnc

I get these numbers,checked on new kits,
and double checked to replacement tubes from
a different order.
Jr Statesman:upper 1.892 long,
Jr Statesman:lower 2.088 long

Jr Emp:upper 1.855 long
Jr Emp:lower 2.089 long

Hope this helps,be careful!

Thanks All! I pulled the tubes from a Jr. Emp. & a Jr. Statesman at the same time to work on, then couldn't tell which is which. It looks like the only difference is the slight length of the uppers.

DocStram

Originally posted by wdcav1952

Since both kits use the same drill bits, which should amaze Frank!!!!, the length of the tubes should be the determining factor. CSUSA does list the tubes for each kit with different stock numbers.

Ohhh Cav ... you are on a roll tonight! Man .. you're kickin' butt all over the place in IAP. Think about it, Cav ... "Harmonic Balance". Get it? ;):D

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by DocStram

Originally posted by wdcav1952

Ohhh Cav ... you are on a roll tonight! Man .. you're kickin' butt all over the place in IAP. Think about it, Cav ... "Harmonic Balance". Get it? ;):D

What are you talking about?? I can't play a harmonica!?!?!?:D

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
BAck to the topic (since I NEVER stray).

Length is relatively immaterial if you are making a fountain pen.

Careful, if you are making the rollerball, the "nib length" could be a little different on the two kits - that would make the length different.

You can always add a longer spring if the pen (rollerball version) is too long - you're screwed if the pen is too short (WORDS OF WISDOM)!!!

Top Bottom