Jr.Emperor does it use the same tubes as the Jr.Gent?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

philb

Hi,

The code on CSUSA are different for the tubes in a Jr.Emperor and a Jr.Gent/Retro/Statesman, but Ive seen somewhere that someone said they are the same?

Im guessing the bushings are different as the pen itself is thicker, just wondering if tubes are the same?

Cheers PHIL

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lwalden

I believe the upper tube is the same length, and the lower tube is a fraction shorter on the Jr Emperor- has to do with the hardware being a little longer, allowing the rollerball cartridge to seat a little deeper. It is a pretty small difference. As to the bushings, I believe the primary difference is that the Jr Gent-Retro-statesman allows for a taper in the lower barrel, with the nib end being larger than the end cap. On the Junior Emperor, both the bushings for the lower barrel are the same size. I believe the cap bushing for the Jr Emperor are a few thousandths larger than the those for the Jr Gent/Retro/Stsm.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Phil, according to chart by Wayne Racinowski, the tubes should be as Lyle mentioned all but identical. I would definitely buy the different bushings, though.

Almost forgot, if you ever need any help shipping things overseas, just let me know.

Russianwolf

I wouldn't waste money on the bushings.

I have a set of the delrin Jr. Statesman bushings and use that and my calipers to turn them. So if you already have the Jr. Statesman/Jr. Gent bushings and calipers, go for it. (just don't forget and turn one end to the smaller bushing size before measuring, I was very conscious of the bushings as I turned so I wouldn't make that very mistake.)

philb

Cheers guys!

Was just checking tube-wise as Ive already got some pen blanks withe jr.gent tubes glued in, so I don't want to waste the HRB trying to squeeze them on to a jr.emperor if there just not designed too!

Thanks again!

lwalden

Whoops, another case of faulty memory (seems to be happening more frequently as I approach 50)!! I got it backwards- the lower tubes are virtually identical in length between the Jr Emperor and the Jr Gent/Stsmn/Retro. The upper tube is 1mm shorter on the Jr Emperor, as a result of the hardware for the cap being wider and providing more internal clearance. That said, using the slightly longer tube of a Jr Gent with Jr Emperor hardware will just add a little to the overall length of the pen, and provide added clearance for the nib as it is screwed into the cap section. Of course, if you wanted to be a little agressive with your pen mill while squaring up the upper blank, you could take the tube length down to 47.02mm, or 1.852", to match the Jr Emperor. Good luck!

Last edited:

JBCustomPens

Cheers guys!

Was just checking tube-wise as Ive already got some pen blanks withe jr.gent tubes glued in, so I don't want to waste the HRB trying to squeeze them on to a jr.emperor if there just not designed too!

Thanks again!

You could drill out those tubes and replace with the Jr. Emperor where necessary, if you wanted. Only if your willing to lose those tubes though. Hope this helps!

RAdams

Banned
I have interchanged the tubes from these two kits in question with no problems.

Top Bottom