Joshua Tree Wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rcflyer23

I am trying to find out if it is possible to get Joshua Tree wood and where I can get it. I have had a request for a couple of pens made from this and I wanted to see if anyone here knew where to find some.

Thanks,

Kevin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MobilMan

Joshua, my grandson's name, National Parkway-North of Wickenburg, Az. I've often wondered what the stuff looks like close up but have never stopped going thru. I would imagine it's illegal to get some.

Joshua trees are pretty common in the desert areas here in Southern California. As a matter of fact, there is a Joshua Tree National Park, about 120 miles east of me. Just over the Angeles National Forest from here, about 35 miles away, there are quite a few Joshuas as well, but I know that, at least in that area, cutting or removing any Joshua is not permitted---even if its on your own property! Don't think they'd be of much interest for turning, anyhow, as they're in the Yucca family, and are more than likely extremely fibrous.

jcollazo

If it were possible to get some, and you wouldn't need a lot, doing a Worthless Wood/Amalgam/Cactus casting would be the way to go IMHO. Do a search on any of those three terms and you'll find some examples.

That still leaves finding some.

rcflyer23

If it were possible to get some, and you wouldn't need a lot, doing a Worthless Wood/Amalgam/Cactus casting would be the way to go IMHO. Do a search on any of those three terms and you'll find some examples.

That still leaves finding some.

That is a good idea. I am thinking that it is going to be improbable to find any available. I still need to do some more searching on the web but so far it is a no go.

Top Bottom