JohnnyCNC made my work better, and much more fun!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thewishman

A few years ago, making pens became more trouble than I wanted to put up with. My lathe was not properly aligned, and despite attempting many work-arounds, my pens were not meeting the parts correctly. I greatly cut back on my turning for almost two years.

The new Delta 46-460 lathe made turning much better, but I was still having problems getting my pen barrels to match up with the pen parts. It was very discouraging. Now that my lathe was in alignment, I needed to get rid of the mandrel and stock bushings that were making my turning work frustrating.

I scraped together some money and ordered cigar bushings and the 7mm triple play (slim, euro, streamline and comfort bushings and adapters – a great idea!) from Penturners Products. I added those to the live and dead centers and custom tool rest I'd bought previously and tried the turning-between-centers method. What a miracle! My barrels matched the parts exactly!

I really cannot express how much more fun it is to turn now. The increase in the precision of my pens has given me the confidence to make more sales calls and to raise my prices.

John, thank you for such a great product! You have made my pen making work a joy.

P.S. Got some of John's Sierra Vista bushings a few days ago and turned two Geared Carbon Fiber and two circuitboard pens with them right away. The fit was spot-on!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fafow

I agree 100%. Once you start turning between centers, it is very tough to use a mandrel for anything. Once I changed over with one kit and saw how much better parts lines up, I started buying sets as quickly as I could for everything I was making. If you are working with a kit he doesn't offer bushings for, ask him if he can make a set for you. He just might do that. Johnny's a good man with great products and great prices.

jlord

I agree, John's bushings made a difference over the factory bushings. I had a barrel that was off center from the factory bushings once. I inserted John's bushings & it trued up my barrel.

Top Bottom