Jig For Making A Celtic Knot On Bandsaw

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Celt40

I have read the tutorial in the library on Celtic Knot Making. In this tutorial Gary MGg uses a table saw to make the cuts. He also said that this way of making the Celtic Knot can also be done on the bandsaw, but the Knot would be smaller due to the size of the bandsaw having a thiner blade.
As i am not very technicaly minded does anyone have a picture of a jig that they could show to help me make a jig to use with my bandsaw. Or suggest how i could make one??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alphageek

Former Moderator
That depends how thin you want your celtic knot. I've made ones .020" thick - the same as my blade. No 'jig' necessary - just a fixed stop to keep the cut at the same place on all 4 sides.

Texatdurango

Don't give up on the table saw just because someone tells you you can get thinner cuts on a band saw. You can get some very thin blades for the table saw which make some stunningly thin knot lines.

Celt40

Only want jig for bandsaw because i do not own a table saw. I would rather work with bandsaw if i could, it will save me looking for a table saw small enough to fit into my workshop.:)

Paul in OKC

I am working on one ow for my band saw. But as said before, it will use the miter attachment, and just took a one by two about 8" and cut it to about 1 3/4 for all but the last 1/2". That gives me a place to set the blank against to repeat the cut. Clear as mud?!

gwilki

Dermot: I wrote a tutorial for another group, showing how I do 6-strand knot blanks on a band saw. I can send it to you, if you like. We can't post .pdf files here. PM me with your email address.

Draken

Grant,

Send the PDF to Jeff, I'm sure he'd like to add it to the library. I know I'd like to see it, as I guess many others would like to as well.

Cheers!

Top Bottom