Jet chisels

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Any one have this set,?Jet # 709160
I might be able to trade a pen for them.
B0000223MK.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The owner said they came with a lathe and he sold or is selling the lathe.
If they are a better quality than my HF set I may make the trade.
I'm doing ok with te HF set but I just wondered about these.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Doghouse

Eagle,
The rounded skew is the only thingk that is overly different from the HF set. I would say if you can trade, great, but if not just purchase a good rounded skew.

Doghouse

Eagle,
The rounded skew is the only thingk that is overly different from the HF set. I would say if you can trade, great, but if not just purchase a good rounded skew.

woodscavenger

You can never have enough tools! Even if you already have the same ones. If anything you can use them and modify with a special grind to create a special cut you are looking for.

G

Is the set worth $50.00? I checked retail they are not worth that,Amazon has them for $79.00 I doub't they are worth that.
I mean how much is the Jet name worth? Not much to me.
I'm workng a trade not buying.

tipusnr

I don't remember what they looked like but there is a set that comes with the JET pen lathe that aren't worth much at all. One of the salesmen at Rockler showed be how easily they bent right where they enter the handle.

I hope this is that set!

jrc

I used cheep gouges for over a year and then got a Hamlet 1/2 spindle gouge, WHAT a difference. It realy pays to buy the best. I can turn all day without resharpening.

http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/cgi-bin/shopper?search=action&keywords=hamlet-spindle-gouge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom