Jet Black Acrylic Blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JMT

You know....I've looked all over the place, but I can't find a solid, black acrylic blank ANYWHERE.

I DON'T want:
Patterns (w/ other colors)
Sparkles
Horn (natural) of anykind
Metalic
Translucent

I just want a solid black acrylic blank. Anyone know where I can find some?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

John:
I make my own high gloss black (VERY similar to Mont Blanc, Precious Resin) from PR. If you need me to make some for your, just send me a PM.

JMT

Turbo - "...this almost solid black has just a few whorls of white...". No....I want 100% jet black....but thanks for the suggestion.

PenMan1 - I may have to get your help. I am just really surprised this is something difficult to find. You've got the right idea, though. The black Mont Blanc look and feel is what I'm after.

turbowagon

Turbo - "...this almost solid black has just a few whorls of white...". No....I want 100% jet black....but thanks for the suggestion.

PenMan1 - I may have to get your help. I am just really surprised this is something difficult to find. You've got the right idea, though. The black Mont Blanc look and feel is what I'm after.

No, that's the description of "Alternate Horn." Alternate Ebony is solid black with no other colors mixed in.

- Joe

hebertjo

Does anyone know the difference between AA-25 (Solid Black) and AA-15(Pure black)?

The reason I ask is that I turned an AA-25 the other day and when I got really close to the tube I could actually see some brass showing. I have only used AA-25 in the past and this is the first time I saw any brass showing through so maybe it was a flute blank. However I would like to know why there are 2 different AA solid black colors.

Thanks,

JMT

"Acrylic Acetate #15 - Pure Black
From; Woodturningz in Westfield Indiana - $3 each"

BINGO!!!!! WINNER!!!! Perfect....that's exactly what I was looking for. Many many thanks!!!

PenMan1

"Acrylic Acetate #15 - Pure Black
From; Woodturningz in Westfield Indiana - $3 each"

BINGO!!!!! WINNER!!!! Perfect....that's exactly what I was looking for. Many many thanks!!!

This is solid black, BUT I do have to paint the tubes black to keep the brass from showing through.

Nickfff

I have had the same question. I have only found the black acrylic at az silhoutte to be black enough as you get really thin.

MorganGrafixx

I frequent (almost once every other day) the local Woodcraft store as it is about 5 minutes from my office and they always have on had several straight Jet Black Acrylic blanks. In fact I snagged one last week to use for segmenting and making my own center bands. $4.99 all day long. Not sure how they are with them on the website, but I can assure you they have them in the store.

Top Bottom