JET 708329 Mini Pen Lathe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do y'all think of this lathe(Jet 708329 mini pen lathe) to carry to shows...We're doing a show Memorial day weekend and the organizer would like me to turn a few pens during the day. Also I think it would be a good way to generate interest in our booth.I don't wanna carry my shopsmith and all the assorted stuff involved and was looking at this lathe on Amazon. Here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...ls/102-4451460-1856941?v=glance&s=hi&n=228013

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Here's a discussion thread worth checking out. http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2541 . In my (never humble) opinion, there are a lot better ways to spend $150.

Lou after thinking about it ..You're right...as my old grand dad used to say "that'd be money up a hogs butt"[;)]. But I think I will look at a jet midi...or mini lathe..Theres a couple of refurbished ones on eBay right now

JimGo

Connie and Mike, there's another thread that talks about a company that sells refurbished Jet lathes, and I think it was from about 2 months ago. Very good deals could be had.

Fangar

I can't speak highly enough about the jet mini lathe. I have the non variable speed which is fine with me. I got it new from Amazon.com for 175.00 delivered. They have since raised the price to 249.99. They do offer free shipping and 25 dollars off though (224.99). Eventually, I will get a larger model, but will likely keep the mini lathe for pens and stoppers.

James

jwoodwright

I have two Jet Minis, one VS. Love them both. Easy enough to take them to a show. I added the extra bed to the VS. Nicer than the ShopSmith. I keep the ShopSmith for horizontal Boring and disk sander. [:)]

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
I have a full size Jet 1236 and a Mini (same sale deal from Amazon, had to get it at that price).. right now the mini is being borrowed by my club... but it is a great lathe... wish the VS had been on sale

Fangar

Griz,

That 1236 is a great lathe for the price. That will likely be my next purchase ( Would like the 14", but don't really do anything that big and can't justify the doubling in price). I am holding out for now, but some day when I get ,my new shop, I will have both as well. For now I have the lathe bed which I only attach for drilling lamps, etc.

Cheers,

James

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom