JB Gent Kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brianne163

Hi Folks
I am wondering if anyone has a good solution to a problem I am having with the JB Gent Fountain pen kits from Timberbits here in Australia.
Everything is fine until I come to assemble the clip to the larger diameter sleeve. The end cap does not fit through the clip enough to engage in the brass sleeve when pressing it all together and I have had several failures to date.
The id of the clip is just a fraction too small and prevents proper engaement.
Any ideas guys?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

boof910

I had the same problem with a few kits from another supplier. Was able to gently file the inside diameter of the clip ring until it was a correct fit.
Timberbits are great to deal with. Contact them and they may have a solution.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
It is a fairly common problem. The plating is a little thick, so the hole is too tight.

I used a dremel tool and tiny grinding wheel to remove some of the plating on the inside of the hole for hundreds of pens. Worked fine.

FWIW,

Ed

jttheclockman

I do as Ed does with the dremel. Makes quick work of it. I also would contact Dave at Timberbits but not sure there is much he could do to correct it. It is a common problem but if it is a particular kit that always shows up he can make the adjustments with the maker. I suggest you always check before you start to assemble. May save a ruined pen.

Brianne163

Hi Folks
I am wondering if anyone has a good solution to a problem I am having with the JB Gent Fountain pen kits from Timberbits here in Australia.

I have made 25 of these already and am now on my second 25.
I have my heart in my mouth every time I do this bit.
The Dremel idea sounds good.
Thanks for all the replies.

Top Bottom